The current Xamarin Forms master detail template is broken. You will get an error like Error CS0101 The namespace 'already contains a definition for…
The fix..(thank you Kym Phillpotts)
1) It would appear, that the added pages have the wrong namespace. So change the namespace on the added pages
- Page1.xaml.cs - change the Namespace to be just MyApp
- Page1Detail.xaml.cs - Change the namespace to be just MyApp
- Page1Master.xaml.cs - Change the namespace to be just MyApp
- Page1MenuItem.cs - Change the namespace to "MyApp"
2) I also noticed that in the Page1Master.xaml.cs it is incorrectly referencing the MenuItems.
It says Page1MenuItems = new ObservableCollection...
Change that to be just
MenuItems = new ObservableCollection...
No you can go to your App.Xaml.xs and set the Page1 as the master page:
MainPage = new MyApp.Page1()
Also there are bugs in Bugzilla for both of these: