While doing some self learning over the weekend, I established the following goal list to help me stay motivated and focused. Keeping goals small and achievable is the most important aspect. Use this list of questions to help you.
- December 6, 2021
1. Why do I want to learn this skill?
What does it mean to you? What are your motivations? Will you prove something to yourself or people around you? Will you get a raise because you’re better at your job or will you get a better job?
2. What will I achieve if I learn this skill?
Which doors will this skill open for you? Will you be able to earn more, have more flexibility in your work hours, work remotely and travel more?
3. How will this skill change my life and my career?
Would you get a raise at your current job or more respect from your boss once you’ve learnt this skill? Or will you be at Facebook, Amazon or Google instead? How would your life change?
4. How will learning this skill impact the lives of my family, friends and coworkers?
What will you be able to do for your family or friends once you’ve learnt this skill? How will it change the way they think of you? Will your coworkers respect you more?
5. How will I feel if I never accomplish this?
Would you feel disappointed? Would you feel like you’ve missed out?
6. What would my life look like if I manage to accomplish this?
Visualise it. What would life look like from the moment you wake up to the time you go to sleep? Will you be living by the sea? Would you kiss your beautiful wife/husband when you wake up?